From: Mark Pemberton [mailto:markpemberton(--nospam--at)sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 11:19 AM
To: SEAOC
Subject: brick site walls

I've done plenty of masonry site walls, but have only dealt with standard brick as a veneer.  Now I'm looking into doing some double layer brick site walls with a reinforced grouted core.  Do such walls require brick ties to bond the core with bricks?  I couldn't find any information on this in any of my masonry books.  Any input is appreciated.

Mark Pemberton, S.E.

Pemberton Engineering

Davis, CA