Re: BLOGGING

At 03:59 PM 3/16/2005 -0600, you wrote:
In a message dated 3/15/05 7:52:31 PM, dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net writes:

I would like to post pictures of these types of issues to bring them to the attention of the community and builders. Am I allowed to stand on the street and photograph this sloppy work including the developers advertisement and publish it on my Blog? If anyone has this type of information that can help me please let me know. In the mean time, I have dozens of shots (or more) that should be publicized as what not to do.

Sorry, I'm coming late to this party (had to get some paying work done ;-)...While lawsuits can be filed by anyone at anytime, why would this not be protected by the first amendment? The photos are not doctored, and therefore are factual information. Any accompanying text, correct or incorrect, is the opinion of the author. If the subject owner or readers are not professional clients of Dennis, then he has very little courtesy - in terms of professional responsibility - to offer them. When you pass the principles and practice exam, you don't give up your citizenship, last I checked. (OTOH, I wouldn't necessarily count on the ACLU to pick up your legal tab either)

Jordan