Re: last off topic, sorry....

akester wrote:

Conversely, we buy goods from China. Goods made artificially low due to their lack of human rights, labor laws, OSHA, environmental laws, and their money inflation (and who knows what else). It is not a fair playing field.

Funny. Marxism is the only political philosophy that makes the case that you do: that goods (or services) have "intrinsic value" based on the labor involved. This is the basis for their contention that capitalism *always* involves "exploitation of the working class." Marx insisted that capitalism is invariably dependent on an "unlevel playing field."

The ultimate irony of the "paleo-con" economic position is that it is nearly indistinguishable from that of Marxism.

Ha!