Re: Wood post to sloped beam connection

Don wrote:

Jim,

I would detail a bracket fabricated from steel (3/16" plate should be more
than sufficient) that saddles the beam and bears flat on the post and
saddles the post, with through-bolts through both.
Somehow I missed the original post to which you are responding, and it is no longer on my server. So the answer to my question might be contained there.

But why should you detail a fabricated bracket when Simpson (and probably USP) have ready-made gadgets for this and similar purposes?

Again, forgive me if the question is redundant.

--
Bill Polhemus, P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company