Re: Wood post to sloped beam connection

Bill, I think you get the original question from
reading the responses.  I was looking for a proper way
to support the middle of an existing LVL hip rafter
from below without notching.

The first thing I did was call Simpson - there
response was that I should consult an engineer :^(  In
other words, they have nothing, other than a myriad of
straps and ties that could be added.  But that
wouldn't necessarily be appropriate to resist the
posts temptation to kick out under load.

A custom fabrication is always an option, but that is
a quick way to loose a client around here.  Sounds
familiar, doesn't it?

Jim