RE: I Got Th' "Eagle Done Flew" Blues!

Happy Saint Patty's Day, Bill:

It appears to me that you are once again confusing Texas with Heaven.

If you only have a verbal understanding with the architect, then for all practical purposes your contract agreement is virtual, not real, and not enforceable.

Try small claims court.  It costs almost nothing and does not require the services of a lawyer.  Back when I used to work for architects, I dragged several deadbeats into small claims court and always walked away smiling.  Of course, this only works if you have a written contract and if you no longer want to work for the defendant architect.

Sláinte!

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Dallas, Texas

"The problem with Ireland is that