RE: last off topic, sorry....

So is your point, Bill, that we should support this "lack of human rights,
labor laws, OSHA, environmental laws, and their money inflation"?

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 5:28 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: last off topic, sorry....

akester wrote:

> Conversely, we buy goods from China. Goods made artificially low due
> to their lack of human rights, labor laws, OSHA, environmental laws,
> and their money inflation (and who knows what else). It is not a fair
> playing field.

Funny. Marxism is the only political philosophy that makes the case that
you do: that goods (or services) have "intrinsic value" based on the
labor involved. This is the basis for their contention that capitalism
*always* involves "exploitation of the working class." Marx insisted
that capitalism is invariably dependent on an "unlevel playing field."

The ultimate irony of the "paleo-con" economic position is that it is
nearly indistinguishable from that of Marxism.

Ha!