Re: I Got Th' "Eagle Done Flew" Blues!

Caldwell, Stan wrote:

Happy Saint Patty's Day, Bill:

It appears to me that you are once again confusing Texas with Heaven.
If you only have a verbal understanding with the architect, then for all practical purposes your contract agreement is virtual, not real, and not enforceable.
No, it wasn't "verbal," it was in writing. No lawyers were abused in the creation of the agreement, however.

What I gave him was a proposal showing him the scope of work and the fee, and he signed it and returned it to me.

FWIW, my wife's maiden name is "McNamara." Guess what things are like around here today.

--
Bill Polhemus, P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company