Re: last off topic, sorry.... Now: Is this really off-topic if it affects your potential earnings?

Honles, Thomas wrote:
LOL... Dennis, considering that lousy technical support from consumer-oriented computer software and hardware
manufacturers is almost legendary (certainly it has been my experience), the polite technical support service
from the tech in India may actually be an improvement, or at least break-even!

On the other hand support for specialized engineering software and system hardware has always in my experience been good to excellent, regardless.

Best regards,

Thomas Honles, SE, PE
Los Angeles, CA

Tom,
This isn't about your service - its about the exploitation of workers by forcing Americans who had jobs to train those in other countries to do their work at a ratio of 5:1 for the money it costs to pay the American employee. Tell me what happens to their debt? Are you so unsympathetic that you can accept the destruction of someones life - regardless of whether they are a tech representative or a professional engineer - and try and justify it?

American formed as a melting pot of cultures - this includes those who use their backs as important as those who use their brains. You destroy the fabric and foundation of American ecconomy when you choose either to be a worker or the recipient of profits due to earnings. Investors are insulated from the hardship caused to this foundation we call the lower and middle class. Globalization can only suck so much out of the people until there are not sufficient earnings to pay off their family debt. With the passage of the Bankruptsy bill expected, hard working, honest people will not just lose everything they own, but they will have their debt following them for the rest of their lives. All of this happens while those on the investment side benefit from earnings gains due to outsourcing. How difficult is this to understand.

We need to keep our melting pot together and we need to keep it productive or the American dollar will have no value and we will end up defaulting on the debts we have with China for example.

The cause and affect is pretty simple to understand, but until it hits home, other issues are more important.

Sorry - I'll stop now. I've already broken my rules and I'll admonish myself for it :-)

I wish everyone well no matter what country you live in - I don't wish hardship on anyone with the ability to work and I think it is the humane way of our culture to help those in need and I believe this is being threatened. Thanks for letting me vent.
Dennis

--

Dennis S. Wish, PE
California Professional Engineer