From: Honles, Thomas [mailto:Thomas.Honles(--nospam--at)ladwp.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 4:59 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: engineering fees ( was OFF-TOPIC...)

Earlier in this thread some mention of doctors and lawyers standard fees
was made.
When I go to the doctor, I see that he has a form with lists of
standardized procedures
and treatments for the purpose of billing the health insurance provider.
My health
insurance carrier monitors these billed costs and will cover only up to
what they
consider 'fair and reasonable' (I believe their term is Usual and
Customary charges).

Question: Has there been any attempt to develop a similar framework for
common
structural engineering design procedures?

Best regards,

Thomas Honles, SE, PE
Los Angeles, CA

This e-mail is intended to be delivered only to the named addressee(s) and
delete the transmitted material from your computer and server.  In no event
shall this material be read, used, stored, or retained by anyone other than
the named addressee(s) without the express written consent of the sender or
the named addressee(s).