Re: I Got Th' "Eagle Done Flew" Blues!

Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

Don't forget your stamp, since that's all they really want!
Ralph

In some cases that's exactly right. I have had client-prospects--mostly contractors--come to me with a set of plans that they've been "using for years" to build generic utility buildings, storage buildings, even warehouses, and say (with a look of disgust) "well, now this town has something called a 'building code' and they want me to have these drawings 'stamped.' How much?"

I say, "well, let's see, so many hours for this and that, comes to $X,XXX" Contractor is outraged.

"WHAT!!! My friend told me he has a guy that'll do this for $150! Geez, we're only talking about a stamp, here!"

--
Bill Polhemus, P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company