RE: I Got The' "Eagle Done Flew" Blues!

At last, someone hit on the real fly in the ointment.

Compare what all of our various engineering organizations spend on marketing
to their membership (Us) and then take a look at what the AIA does including
the recent "we design roads" advertisements.  (I have several architects I
respect.  I wouldn't let them design a sidewalk, let along a major bridge.

WE DO NOT MARKET OURSELVES!!!

How many have a marketing kit?
Got a press release schedule or even just a form?

What's NSPE, SEAOC, ACEC, ASCE, SEA, and other alphabet soups done to really
market our services.  Wait, that what the architects have done.

One of the greatest days of my young career was spening a few meals with
Ralph Peck.  At nearly 80 he was doing a project that would have been the
project of a lifetime for any other engineer.  His thoughts were that we
needed to be engineers.

The law is on our side.  They need us.  Don't sell your stamps and make sure
anyone that does is severely policed. That is what the state boards are for.
Not to be considered for sunset, or a registration agency, but someone to
actually make sure that engineers are engineering and punish those who
don't.  Key word here is punish.

Oppps,

I better get off my soap box.  Got some augers to lean against on the south
side of town.

Arvel