From: "Timothy Allison" <t_allison(--nospam--at)illinoisalumni.org>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Re: FW: [Fwd: Really Questioning 9-11 [Book]]
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 06:40:43 -0800

". Even more interesting is *the South Tower. Even though it experienced
a less forceful hit than the North Tower and had smaller fires, it fell
in only half the time of its counterpart *(56 minutes). It takes
five-times that long to cook a turkey! Plus, the South Tower's cap,
which initially tipped 23 degrees past vertical, suddenly reversed
direction, then dropped vertically, defying Newton's First Law of
Motion."

I knew our codes were inadequate, but this just proves it. Instead of 1-
and 2-hour ratings for fire resistance, I would like them to be
addressed as "fifth-turkey" and "two-fifths turkey". It should be clear
we need to upgrade buildings to meet at least a one-turkey rating.

State
> [...]
>repair. Did you know, for instance, that *never before in the history
of
>the world has a steel building collapsed due to fire?* Yet on 9-11,
>three of them did just that in seven hours - with WTC 7 not even being
>hit by an airliner. *Furthermore, it takes a temperature of 2,795
>degrees to melt construction grade steel, yet the highest temperature
>jet fuel can reach is 1,517 degrees.* Plus, all the jet fuel burned off
>within two minutes of the towers being struck, while *two independent
>studies proved that the fires within each tower never rose above
500-600
>degrees.* In fact, FEMA revealed in their final report that, "The heat
>produced by burning jet fuel does not by itself appear to have been
>sufficient to initiate the structural collapse."
>
>.. Also, the WTC towers were designed to withstand the impact from a
>Boeing 707 (similar to a Boeing 767), and each floor was designed to
>hold 2,600,000 pounds beyond its own weight. Likewise, the steel used
in
>these structures was rated to hold five times its normal load. MIT
>professor Thomas Eager admitted as much when declaring, "The impact of
>the airplanes would have been insignificant" in toppling the towers.
>
>.. Also, *how do we explain the pools of molten steel which were found
>bubbling 70 feet beneath the towers five weeks after 9-11? *
>Incidentally, a temperature of 5,182 degrees is needed to transform
>steel into a liquefied state. Do you think fires that FEMA admitted
>"would have burned at, or below, temperatures typical in office fires"
>could have produced such extremes? Even NYFD audiotapes of firefighters
>who reached the South tower's impact point reveal that they "judged the
>blazes to be manageable" and were easily extinguishable in less than an
>hour.
>
>.. Even more interesting is *the South Tower. Even though it
experienced
>a less forceful hit than the North Tower and had smaller fires, it fell
>in only half the time of its counterpart *(56 minutes). It takes
>five-times that long to cook a turkey! Plus, the South Tower's cap,
>which initially tipped 23 degrees past vertical, suddenly reversed
>direction, then dropped vertically, defying Newton's First Law of
>Motion.
>
>.. Most incriminating, though, is *the resistance-free speed (a mere 10
>seconds) at which the towers collapsed.* To put this matter into
>perspective, if you were standing atop the WTC towers, and at the
>precise moment when they began to fall you dropped a football over the
>side, you and the football would have hit the ground at nearly the
exact
>same moment. In other words, 200,000 tons of steel, 425,000 cubic yards
>of concrete, and all the walls, desks and floors provided no resistance
>whatsoever. *Not only does such a collapse defy Galileo's Law of
Falling