RE: IBC 2000

IBC2000 uses ground acceleration maps, not seismic zones.
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Laplante [mailto:michael.laplante(--nospam--at)cima.ca]
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 9:26 AM
To: SEAINT(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: IBC 2000

Forgive me, but I reside and work in the Northern Part of North America.  I have a design guideline for a project and there are specifying the use of IBC2000, Zone 2.   Does IBC2000 refer to seismic Zones in the code, or does the code make reference to seismic ground acceleration maps.        Any comments greatly appreciated.

Regards
Mike

Michael Laplante

LAVAL