Re: FW: [Fwd: Really Questioning 9-11 [Book]]

That statement is true. Look at First Interstate and First Meridian which burned for several hours and did not collapse. But it is more germane to WTC 7 since it did not suffer any significant structural damage as did WTC 1 & 2. That one is still under study by NIST. But the lesson is that we do need to study fire proofing more carefully especially as it effects collector trusses.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

From: Bill Polhemus <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: FW: [Fwd: Really Questioning 9-11 [Book]]
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:15:23 -0600

Harold Sprague wrote:

Facts are more often impressions than real facts. I still recall the conspiricy advocates on the Murah Building not understanding how the Murah Building could have collapsed with reported pressures of 5,000 psi when a lot of the concrete tested at 6,000 psi. We structural engineers laugh, but this is the fuel of conspiricy "experts".

How abou the statement: "Never in history has a steel building collapsed by fire"?

--
Bill Polhemus, P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company