Extending the life of plotter cartridges ??

O.K., it's Friday afternoon and it's raining in my neck of the woods so I
thought I would throw out something a little lighter than certification or
9-11.

I've got an inkjet plotter (HP DesignJet 600 E size if that matters) and I'm
pretty happy with it. Sure, I would like it to go faster and have a higher
resolution, but I don't plot as much as I used to. In fact, more often than
not, I don't plot much at all. Most of the time, I either e-mail plot files
(to the client or to the printer) or pdfs.

Anyway, when I do plot, the plotter has been inactive for so long the
cartridge is clogged up and I have to replace it. It seems I'm having to
replace a cartridge just about every time I plot some drawings.

If anyone has encountered this problem and has found a good solution, I
would appreciate hearing from you. I'm hoping there's a way to possibly
remove and store the cartridges in a manner which prevents the nozzle from
clogging up.

Thanks,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
ALLEN DESIGNS
Consulting Structural Engineers
http://www.AllenDesigns.com
V (949) 248-8588	 .	 F (949) 209-2509