Re: Extending the life of plotter cartridges ??

Bill -

I don't have a designjet, just a plain old inkjet printer, so
I don't know how much this will help.

I just yank the printer cartridges and cover them with the
adhesive plastic strip that came over the nozzles.  I keep the strips
in a ziplock under my printer cage.  That way, when I'm not using the
printer for an extended period, I just yank the cartridge, stick on
the strip, then stuff it in the ziplock in the cabinet.

If the designjet cartridges don't come with those little strips,
you might try electrical tape.  You might have to watch out for
adhesive residue on the heads, though.

Charley