Re: Extending the life of plotter cartridges ??

You can (and I recommend this with a heavy dose of EXTREME CAUTION
included) try using a little rubbing alcohol on the inkjet heads.  Be
careful as this CAN make a mess.  I tried this on a HP DeskJet that I had
quite a while ago.  The printer was on the older side and the cartridges
had been sitting for a while and had actually leaked a little.  The result
was some ink in the printer itself on some of the parts and the cartridges
where clogged.  I spend about an hour or two cleaning the printer and
cartridges with cotton swabs and rubbing alcohol.  Seemed to help...but
then it was a little on the messy side.  I doubt the manufacturer would
recommend such action.

HTH,

Scott
Adrian, MI