Re: good engineering dictionary and p.e. advice

Steve,

I had a look at the recommended study guide 246 Solved Structural Engineering Problems by C.D. Buckner this weekend. The author claims that only the first quarter of each chapter is pertinent as far as the PE goes. Do you concur? These problems seemed a bit more challenging than what I might have expected. I have yet to sit for the exam, although I will do so this April.

Thanks

Michel

Jen,

Dictionaries:

A Visual Dictionary of Architecture by Francis Ching;
Construction Dictionary (Phoenix, AZ, Library of Congress #81-83651);
Dictionary of Building Trades by Leonard P. Toenjes.

Bridge Design:
Bridge Engineering by D.T. Tonias.

Structural (for PE):

246 Solved Structural Engineering Problems by C.D. Buckner.
CE Manual by Michael Lindenburg.

For structural exam, SE Review Manual by Ben Yousefi helped me the most.

HTH,

V. Steve Gordin, PhD
Registered Structural Engineer
Irvine CA