RE: Extending the life of plotter cartridges ??

Bill,

The easiest solution for me has been to run the plotter's built in
demonstration print weekly. Each Monday morning, as I walk past the plotter
on my way to fire up the coffeemaker, I press the Setup and Cancel keys
simultaneously on our HP430. The one demo plot a week routine keeps our jets
from clogging on this seldom used plotter. I think this costs roughly one
roll x 150ft of paper and one cartridge of ink per year, about 65 bucks.

Regards,

Brent Koch, P.E.
Koch Engineering, Inc.
Livermore, CA