REFERENCE

Dear colleagues,
I need a recommendation for two books. They must be modern and suitable for undergraduate and also graduate courses. The only ones I know and still have are the Beer and Johnston ones, but I guess there must be something better out there or maybe these ones are still the best but have been updated.

Can you recommend me a good book for Statics and another one for Mechanics of Materials?

Thank you,

John J. Treff