From: John J. Treff [mailto:jjtreff(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:04 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: REFERENCE

Dear colleagues,
I need a recommendation for two books. They must be modern and suitable for
undergraduate and also graduate courses. The only ones I know and still have

are the Beer and Johnston ones, but I guess there must be something better
out there or maybe these ones are still the best but have been updated.

Can you recommend me a good book for Statics and another one for Mechanics
of Materials?

Thank you,

John J. Treff