From: John J. Treff [mailto:jjtreff(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 12:04 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: REFERENCE

Dear colleagues,
I need a recommendation for two books. They must be modern and
suitable for
undergraduate and also graduate courses. The only ones I know
and still have
are the Beer and Johnston ones, but I guess there must be
something better
out there or maybe these ones are still the best but have been updated.

Can you recommend me a good book for Statics and another one
for Mechanics
of Materials?

Thank you,

John J. Treff