Pe test advice

Jen,
I just took the exam last year.

And apparently it is very different than years before.
Now there are all multiple choice questions.

I found the book by Lindbeburg to be helpful.
I studied it thoroughly, and it helped me gain
judgement for questions that I really didn't
know well, i.e. water, wastewater, transportation ...
I was educated in only structural, so for me, a
good overall book was good.

However, I was challenged by the fact that I didn't
have the books recommended to have from the
Professional Engineering Board that gives the exam.
Make sure you can get a copy, and tabulate
important tables ...

Without those books, even the load combinations
in structures and AASHTO, I was using my past
knowledge to guesstimate.

The questions are not so difficult, but do your
best to answer all questions.  You'll succeed if
you prepare well.  Rest well, it is fairly long.

Good Luck
Refugio Rochin, PE
Systems Engineering Ltd.