Re: Pe test advice

 Jen,
Are you in Florida or south?
Look at your registration website.  They ought to have a listing of
books required, and to which the pe is based.  The state you are in
may have a slightly different requirement.  So best to find out
directly from your source.  If it is the national site, then I think
only IBC is used, which references ASCE, ACI ...  Best to find the
distributed list.

Tabulating tables,  maybe I just mean, marking up your books, or
putting tabs, or something, so you know exactly where to go.
Important so you don't spend precious time looking for simple things.

Test taking general practice with this format is to do the problems
that come to you right away first, skipping ones that don't click
right away.  Then coming back later, to the more difficult ones.

I found an interesting way to look at the problems when I was
studying.  It noted, that in order to get 70%, figure what you really
need to hit min seventy.  Find the ones that you jive with best, and
knock those out.  And really focus on hitting that 70.   Once your
there, you'll breeze with all the other problems.  Stress becomes
less...

Another thing I think is good, is to know some of the rules of thumb
that all engineers of different disciplines use.  The Lindeburg
addresses some, but really not all.  So perhaps if inquired here, and
other civil disciplines, you will get some more knowledge of the
basics.

Hope this helps,
Lata
Refugio