brick monuments

I'm doing some brick monuments that are about 32" square and 8' tall.  I was thinking of doing a standard brick exterior and filling with reinforced concrete, but that seems overkill.  I'm worried about using a metal stud wall framework because of some really cracked up site walls around here that used metal studs (although these used a stucco finish), and I'm not sure how to transfer the overturning with that configuration.  Any suggestions?

Mark P.