Re: brick monuments

Mark,
I don't see an issue with using the lt gage metal
studs, and use the appropriate Simpson PHD's for
uplift.  You can argue that the monument doesn't need
to comply with the aspect ratio, as long you show the
statics working.  Size the spread footing for the
uplift resistance.  Either that, or use Z-Walls or
Hardy Frames, place a backing to them, then place the
brick veneer...
David Topete, SE
SF, CA

--- Mark Pemberton <markpemberton(--nospam--at)sbcglobal.net>