From: Mark Pemberton <markpemberton(--nospam--at)sbcglobal.net>
To: SEAOC <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: brick monuments
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:11:45 -0800 (PST)

I'm doing some brick monuments that are about 32" square and 8' tall. I was thinking of doing a standard brick exterior and filling with reinforced concrete, but that seems overkill. I'm worried about using a metal stud wall framework because of some really cracked up site walls around here that used metal studs (although these used a stucco finish), and I'm not sure how to transfer the overturning with that configuration. Any suggestions?

Mark P.