Re: "New Footing"

dnae(--nospam--at)cox.net wrote:

I already advised the owner to have a new footing
the soil engineer telling me " you do not have to have new footing"
thanks for your comment in advance
Under what pretext has the geotech made this determination? If it is because there won't be any more settlement, that's one thing. If it's because he thinks the local building code is "too conservative," that's another.

The last is not his determination to make.