RE: PRECAST/PRESTRESSED BEAMS

Ms. Anderson,

You should consider arranging a visit/tour of your local precast/prestressed concrete manufacturer's plant.

________________________________

From: Gil Brock [mailto:gil(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com]
Sent: Thu 3/24/2005 4:42 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: PRECAST/PRESTRESSED BEAMS

To ensure that the stresses under all serviceability conditions are keep
within the code limits without having to add extra untensioned
reinforcement. Stresses at transfer and long term need to be checked and
also for transport, erection conditions.

At 06:18 AM 25/03/2005, you wrote:
>Can someone give me a lesson on debonding of prestressing strands in this
>type of construction?  What is the purpose?  Is it always necessary?  How
>might the length be determined? Anything else?
>Thanks-
>
>Candi Anderson, P.E.

Regards  Gil Brock
Ph +61 7 3807 8022              Fax +61 7 3807 8422
email:          gil(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com
email:          sales(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com
email:          support(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com
webpage:        http://www.raptsoftware.com

<<winmail.dat>>