From: DA
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2005 8:09 AM
Subject: moment due to differential settlement

Hi
there an equation to calculate the moment due to differential
settlement for footing 15"x18"  . 20'  long  settled 1"
can someone  have it  handy remind me
there is simple equation it considers simple supported beam
I know footing is supported on elastic support
but I would like to use it as  simple supported at the ends
thanks in advance

Dave A., P.E.

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org