Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Nashville, TN area foundation help[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Nashville, TN area foundation help
- From: "Stuart, Matthew" <mstuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:00:28 -0500
I think the frost depth in Nashville is 2’-0”, but I would certainly call the local city/county building official and confirm.
I use turn down slabs for PEMB foundations in the northeast and have used turndowns successfully in Canada and North Dakota in conjunction with a sub-grade perimeter insulation system.
Structural Dept. - Manalapan
I am designing a foundation for a pre-engineered metal building just south of Nashville, TN. I haven’t done any work in TN in quite a while. Most of my work is further south. For a PEMB in this area, would the foundation style be a turned down slab on ground, or is it typical to have a separate foundation wall? What is the typical depth of footing bottom below exterior grade in this area?
Thanks for your help.
- Prev by Subject: Nashville, TN area foundation help
- Next by Subject: RE: Nashville, TN area foundation help
- Previous by thread: Nashville, TN area foundation help
- Next by thread: RE: Nashville, TN area foundation help