From: Rich Lewis [mailto:sea(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2005 4:42 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Nashville, TN area foundation help

I am designing a foundation for a pre-engineered metal building just south of Nashville, TN.  I haven’t done any work in TN in quite a while.  Most of my work is further south.  For a PEMB in this area, would the foundation style be a turned down slab on ground, or is it typical to have a separate foundation wall?  What is the typical depth of footing bottom below exterior grade in this area?

Thanks for your help.

Rich Lewis