RE: moment due to differential settlement

Hi
Thanks all for reply
I already got the answer
here my problem
the footing is 15" wide x 18" deep
for a house 20 years old in so. CA
it 1" to 1 1/2" settlement I'm trying to let
the owner to have new footing
because
1-he is building a new 2-story house
   he will demolish every thing except the footing
the soil engineer telling him is ok
from soil stand point
I'm as structural engineer not agree
so I'm trying to find a good reason
1-the footing reach max. settlement already
2-the moment in the footing is too high
   1-# 4 or even 2-# 4 bars is not enough any more
and that std. footing in so. CA per code

I hope is that clear enough

again thanks in advance for answering
and giving me more reasons

Dave A., P.E.