RE: allowable stresses for wood floor joists - Phila. PA

That would be the U.S. Forest Products Laboratory.  Note that the "free tests" from FPL is for species ID, and not for assigning allowable stresses.

Tom

From: Candi Anderson [mailto:canderson(--nospam--at)mercadoeng.com]
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 09:53
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: allowable stresses for wood floor joists - Phila. PA

Ken-
A few months ago I raised a similar question on this site re: existing timber properties.  I don't have the answer at my current location, but someone mentioned testing by Forest Products up in Wisconsin, I think.  I recall 5 free tests (per year?) and what you owuld need to send them.
I will try to remember to send you the site tomorrow when I return to my office computer ( unless someone responds prior).
Candi Anderson, P.E.
Ashton, MD