Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Shear reiforcing in Mat foundation[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Shear reiforcing in Mat foundation
- From: "Rich Lewis" <sea(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:01:56 -0600
What is the configuration of shear reinforcing in a mat foundation? Is it usually better to make the mat deep enough for no shear reinforcing rather than provide the extra bars?
I have some heavily loaded piers sitting on a mat and I was wondering f it would be better to reinforce in the vicinity of the piers rather than making the mat thicker.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Shear friction methods in masonry
- Next by Subject: Re: Shear reiforcing in Mat foundation
- Previous by thread: Re: Correction to Rand's formula-Not Needed?
- Next by thread: Re: Shear reiforcing in Mat foundation