Re: allowable stresses for wood floor joists - Phila. PA

Ken,
I hire a an engineering company that specializes in
wood design.  They will come in and inspect
the wood and grade it and take small samples (about
the size of a popsicle stick) and tell me the species
so I can check the wood against current standards.
Gary