From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 5:27 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: allowable stresses for wood floor joists - Phila. PA

Candi & Ken,

The FPL http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/ will test for species only.  Once you have

the species, you can get the appropriate grading rules specifically for that

species.  Once you have the species and the grade, you can determine the
allowable stress using the NDS.

Even though it is a bit dated, I still like the ASCE "Evaluation,
Maintenance, and Upgrading of Wood Structures" by ASCE.

Regards,
Harold Sprague