Eccentric "L" Footing with slab

In wall footings at property lines, an eccentric footing is used with the
wall at one side forming a L.  However, when a slab (slab on grade) is
poured monolithic or with proper dowelling to the footing, the slab resists
the uplift in the footing and the footing looks like " L---".

I am trying to look for a reference material which discusses this subject.

Thank you

- Aswin
Aswin Rangswamy, P.E.
Los Angeles, California