Low Seismic Design Catagory

We are working on a parking garage in Seismic Catagory B.  I am a Salt Lake native and find it hard to turn off my seismic intuition.

If I use an Ordinary Reinforced Shearwall lateral force resisting system, do I have any need to go to Chapter 21 in ACI 318?  If I read the definitions section correctly, there are no special detailing provisions for my walls.

Secondly, if I use the Ordinary system, do I need to meet the diaphragm provisions of Chapter 21?  This is a little more grey to me.  I may chose to meet them anyway, but it is always good to have options.

Any thoughts?

Jake Watson, P.E.
Salt Lake City, UT