Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Impact loads for Concrete Design[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Impact loads for Concrete Design
- From: "Rich Lewis" <sea(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:55:31 -0600
Are there any increases for impact loads for concrete design? ACI 318 - 9.2.2 states impact loads are to be included with live loads so they would have a load factor of 1.6. ASCE 7 doesn’t require any other increase either. I was wondering if there was any other increase for impact load magnitudes with concrete like there is with steel design, just because they are impact loads.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Image Database
- Next by Subject: In order to pass SE 1?
- Previous by thread: RE: Low Seismic Design Catagory
- Next by thread: Clothing rack