foundation retrofit

Pretty simple one here, I have some ideas but want others:

Home addition built with 8ft tall CMU walls on 4" slab on grade, no TE or WF. Need to add probably a 16" wide by 12" deep TE.

My question is not a design issue, but how does a contractor install the bars and place the concrete without undermining the wall and cracking the slab or worse, causing a collapse? Remember, this is a residential property and not really high end, so no fancy solutions involving long steel beams, cranes, pressure grouting, etc... :)

My other thought was to treat the wall as a series of piers and openings, and only put pad ftgs under the piers. It still would be a means and methods issue of how to install a ftg under a bearing wall, but I feel a lot better removing a small 2' x 2' area under small segments of the ftg.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Kester, PE
Structural Engineering Consultant
Lake Mary, FL