From: engineer101(--nospam--at)att.net
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:59:48 +0000
Subject: wood defects - how much is too much

can anyone give me a reference standard for wood defects? I would like to know what the tolerances are for excessing checking, warping and cracking of structural timber. I am having challenges rejecting defective timber on a project. The timber meets our grade requirements, it's just that it is excessively checking and knotty and is unacceptable to us.