Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
British Standards and Codes[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: British Standards and Codes
- From: "Bob Riley" <bob(--nospam--at)m-me.com>
- Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:47:01 -0800
I am currently working in Sri Lanka on the reconstruction of Hospitals along the coast that was affected by the tsunami. I have purchased the Sri Lankan Building Specifications, but they often refer to British Standards. I am unfamiliar with the British Building Code system and am unsure what to purchase. I have found a book store (http://www.tso.co.uk/bookshop/bookstore.asp?FO=1167765&Action="">) in the UK that sells the “Building Regulations Approved Documents Complete Set”; would this include the British Standards and building specifications?
I am also having a difficulty determining the building code that Sri Lanka has adopted. I am looking for lateral forces among other things, but the Building Specifications do not have this information.
Thanks for any information that you can pass along.
Bob Riley, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Bridging Strapping for CFS joists
- Next by Subject: building implosion
- Previous by thread: RE: Crushed Gravel Moisture Content
- Next by thread: wood screw design info (contractors substitution)