Re: ACI 543R

Thanks Himat.  No need to fax page.  Someone else already sent it to me.

Thanks again.
Tripp Howard

Himat Solanki <hsolanki(--nospam--at)scgov.net> wrote:
footnote of Table 2.6 requires cover rabge fron 2 to 3 in. A 1.5 cover is recommended only for no sump concrrete containingh a minimum of 658 lb of cement per cubic yard of concrete.

If you let me know your fax number, iwill fax the page.

Himat

>>> tripphoward(--nospam--at)yahoo.com 03/31/05 4:28 PM >>>
Is the min. cover still 2" for normal exposure?

Himat Solanki wrote:

I have 2004 edition of MCP. The latest revision is 2000 for ACI543R.
Table 2.6 addresses the clear cover for reinforcement. Also the minimum cover is different when the exposure such as marine environment exists.

Himat

>>> tripphoward(--nospam--at)yahoo.com 03/31/05 3:54 PM >>>
If anyone out there has a more current edition of ACI 543R than the 1974 edition, could you check to see if the min. cover requirements for precast prestressed concrete pile in normal exposure has changed from 2-in.? I'm looking at 1809.2.3.5 of the 2003 IBC, and it states that min cover shall be 1.25-in. for piles 12-in. or smaller. I've got some 10-in. piles that I've detailed to have 2-in. of cover and the contractor wants to change it to 1.5-in.

Thanks,
Tripp Howard

Tripp Howard

* http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp