Re: WWF in slabs on metal deck

"How many of you are putting WWF in composite (or non-composite) floors? Someone told me today he has never put WWF in slabs on metal deck and has not had any complaints about cracking. I thought it sounded crazy."

The fine print of many ICC/ICBO metal deck reports requires a minimum amout of WWF to get some of the design values.  I talked to a deck supplier about it once, because I was looking at a steel fiber substitution, and was told that they couldn't stand behind deck without WWF.  They insinuated that they suspected it wasn't truly necessary, but that is the way it was tested.  It is pretty common to use WWF, too, although there are certainly cases where people do without it.  I use WWF.

Paul Crocker, PE, SE