From: "Michel Blangy" <mblangy(--nospam--at)satco-inc.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: More PE Advice, Please - AASHTO

My first attempt at the CA Civil PE will be this April. The AASHTO
Standard Specifications for Highway Bridges, HB17 is recomended by just
about everyone. The latest ed. is 17. All study guides I have seen are
based on the 16th. The study guides seem only to reference the first 10
sections and App. A. The spec. is comprised of some 30 sections. A while
back I came accross a site that offers individual sections of the spec.
I do not recall the cost per sect., but if the price is right, I might
just get the first ten sections, 16th ed. Does this seem reasonable? Are
there other important sections, as far as the PE goes? I have ruled out
the need for using this spec. beyond PE preparation.

Thank you,
Michel Blangy