From: "Rich Lewis" <sea(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Bar Placement in Slab with Laser Screed
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 09:31:48 -0600

Harold,

Thanks for the response.

Can I ask you to elaborate on this a bit?  When they lift the first 10 feet
up, is it tied at all to the second 10 feet?  This was the problem in my
situation.  The machine sat on the second 10 feet wide strip so when it
dragged the concrete towards the machine it covered bars that were pushed
down from the wheels or the outriggers. Where are the bar splices typically located? Can they use a full 20 feet bar length perpendicular to the strip,
or do you have to use 10 feet long bars in that direction?

Thanks.

Rich Lewis
Lewis Engineering