RE: Mat Foundation

Pour sequence should start from near the middle and work out toward the edges.
-----Original Message-----
From: Abe Knapp [mailto:AKNAPP(--nospam--at)state.wy.us]
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 10:51 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Mat Foundation

Fellow Engineers,

I am looking for some guidance on a Mat Footing.
It is 2 feet thick and 86'x75'.  Winterkorn and Fang recommend placing the concrete in approximately 30 foot square sections and letting each pour set for two days before placing the next adjacent area.  I am looking for some guideance on how to specify the joints.
Thanks in advance.

Abe Knapp
Wyoming