Software, RAM-Autocad / Etabs-Revit

We are looking at enhancing our CAD/Design (structural design) capabilities. Currently we us RAM Structural System, with add-ons including CADstudio and RAM Advanse. The RAM Structural System works very well and is VERY user friendly. With the addition of RAM CADstudio, transferring information between structural design output to a CAD drawing considerably reduces drafting time.

We watched a demonstration of CAD software called Revit Structure (beta product) which was integrated with ETABS. The Revit/Etabs combination seemed to bridge the gap between design and drawing to a level we have not seen anywhere. RAM Cad studio works great for plain autocad but we as a company are leaning towards BIM.

Can anyone give me input about the above software packages? We are looking for something that totally integrates design and drafting in BIM.

Thank you,

Randy Diviney

Director of Engineering

Hayes Large Architects