RE: Mat Foundation

336.2R-88 was reapproved in 2002. Section 6.14 is very short and doesn't say very much. One paragraph recommending staggered lap spices, mats top and bottom, and detailing your splices. I wouldn't spend the money if detailing is all you are after. 336 is mostly about analysis methods.
-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Lewis [mailto:sea(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com]
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 2:26 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Mat Foundation

I went to ACI website and noticed publication ACI 336.2R-88 covers mat foundations.  In the table of contents chapter 6.14--Mat foundation detailing/construction covers this.  Can someone with a 1994 or later Manual of Practice look this up and see if this chapter has good suggestions for detailing and construction?  I don't want to buy it if it doesn't.

Thanks.

Rich Lewis